Monday, August 17, 2009

The BEST Salsa recipe EVER!

At my recent housewarming party, I made my homemade salsa which always seems to be a big hit! After NUMEROUS guests threatened to take the entire salsa bowl and hoard it I promised to post my recipe here on my blog so everyone can enjoy it at home.

My family makes a similar recipe that I have made changes to called is Bobby Sox Salsa. I don't have a name for mine yet... So if you think of the perfect name post it in a comment here! :)

In a blender mix:
2 cans Mexican style tomatoes
1 seranno pepper (top cut off)
1 bunch of green onions (greens and roots chopped off)
1 bunch of cilantro (stems chopped off)
1 clove of garlic
salt and pepper

Blend for 10 seconds on high and serve with chips! (Juanita's chip are our favorite!!)
THE salsa gets better as it sits! If you're serving it at a party I would make it a few hours ahead of time and put it in the fridge.

I'm telling you... once you try this recipe you will never go back to whatever salsa you were having before!!

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Tia Hopper said...

I'm not a big salsa person but I'm actually going to try this! I love fresh, homemade salsa... I'll let you know what I think!

Cynthia said...

Awesome! I make a similar version of this and call it my 'semi-fresh' salsa. I don't put the green onions through the blender with everything else though.

The only thing I do differently is to use jalepenos and roast them in the oven first- 20 minutes at 400 degrees so they get a few char spots. I put a couple drops of liquid smoke in too, a little red wine vinegar and some salt.

Okay- so not exactly the same but close. I LOVE salsa with an unholy affection. I'm going to try it your way and see how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Do you, by chance, have a salsa recipe that is made from fresh tomatoes? Because if somebody doesn't do something soon, I'm going to have to find SOMETHING to do with the gazillions of tomatoes that FINALLY decided to turn red in my garden! They've just been sitting there for MONTHS, plump and green and WAITING....!!!!!

Unknown said...

first of all, we've made this salsa twice since your party! we're in LOVE with it. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Oh, and we also Love Juanitas chips! YUMM!!
So now that I'm a SAHM and all domestic and stuff I am baking and cooking a lot more... And I'm wondering if you'll share your Lemon Decadence Cake recipe with me? I'd like to surprise Adam with it some time. :)