Thursday, November 5, 2009

My "broken" baby....

My poor little Abby broke her wrist!! Last weekend her and her sister were playing and she "fell"... actually her sister pushed her!
She was upset when she fell but could move it, no swelling, just a big bruise at the base of her thumb. Well today I picked her up from school and she was complaining about her hand hurting. When I asked where it hurts she pointed to the cruised area... which was now a little swollen.

I took her to a friends house and her imput and decided to take her in... just to make sure...

IT WAS BROKEN!!

I feel like a TERRIBLE mom today. But she's doing much better! She now has a pretty pink cast and isn't really in pain anymore. The nurse was SO SWEET... she even gave her stuffed animal a matching "cast" so they could heal together. I LOVE good medical professionals!

So here's my brave little girl getting her cast on. She was so brave (and I was feeling SO bad) that we went and got special hot chocolate afterwards.



3 comments:

families are forever said...

hope see heals soon!!!

Savannah said...

SUCH a cute little girl! And you are not a bad mom! You can only go off of what you can see and what your child communicates to you! You are an amazing mother, friend, activist, socializer, wife...shall I go on? Don't worry about it! It's all taken care of now, and it's not like she was in excruciating pain that whole time!

Tia Hopper said...

Sad story, but not your fault!! NOT a bad mom!