Tuesday, February 26, 2008

More GF baking success...

So things are coming together to make Gluten Free Gourmet come to fruition! :) I've been looking into all the costs, licensing fees, certified kitchens, etc. All that I need to be a legal business. I've spoken with the Dept. of Agriculture about labeling and possibly turning my kitchen into a certified domestic kitchen. Not too much work and cheaper in the long run than renting another kitchen. I've met with another local gal who does gluten free baking and she's been a wealth of information! The funny thing is we grew up in the same neighborhood in CA. Small world!

My bread is still a HUGE hit with my friends and a couple people are already asking for it weekly! I also have a local health food store that is interested in my products to carry in their store! I'm off to a great start and I haven't even started yet! :)

Living the GF lifestyle has been an adventure but is slowly getting easier. I know which restaurants are the easiest to eat at. (IE: they know what on their menu contains gluten) I've found the pre-made products that don't taste nasty and I've been making a lot of my own things: Bread, pizza crust, cookies, brownies, I'm even going to try cupcakes this week. Thanks to my WONDERFUL friend Emilie I know which everyday products contain gluten! Which brands of peanut butter and soy sauce I can eat, which hidden ingredients are actually wheat derivitives that I need to stay away from... I feel like I'm in a full blown nutrition class! But it's all worth it! I've felt much better... I'm sleeping MUCH better and my skin is clearer.

Ok... off to get some bread rising for tomorrow! I feel like a Walton! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodluck with your business plan. It sounds like you are off on the right track!

Bean said...

I don't know how often you look at your blog but we are having a girls night tonight and I wanted to invite you. We are going to see the movie Penelope at 7:00pm. I know it is short notice but I thought it would be fun if you could come!

Bean said...

On Saturday the 15th at 6:30pm we will be having a party at Carrie's house and I would like you to come!
Write me and let me know if you can make it. My e-mail is chillinbean@hotmail.com I hope you can come it would be fun to get to know you better!