Sunday, May 17, 2009

May Week 3

I know it's HOT outside which makes this week's storage item pretty funny in my book!!

BEDDING!!

Yes... go around your house and pull out items that you no longer use and put them in your emergency preparedness!

Blankets, sheets, pillowcases, comforters, sleeping bags, etc.

I keep all my camping bedding in a rubbermaid bin in the garage that has towels, warm blankets, sheets, etc in it. I keep all my camping supplies next to my food storage so it can be grabbed along with everything else in an emergency.

If you don't have or don't want to grab stuff out of your house hit the local Goodwill or DI. Even TJ Maxx, Marshall's or Ross will have these items at REDICULOUSLY low prices!!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I never even thought about storing bedding for emergencies. Thanks for putting this out there- there is clearly a lot more to 'food storage' than food and hygene items.