Thursday, September 17, 2009

feeling a bit "porkish"

Yes... that was a hint, inuendo, reference, perception, etc. I have been hit by the FLU!

It all started with a scratchy throat and headache. So I popped some vit C, started chugging water, got lots of rest. 48 hours later it's a full blown, throat killing, ear ringing, head spinning, face exploding pandemic. Thank HEAVENS it hasn't passed to the kids!! All I want to do is lie in my misery with some warm broth, a chick-flick and gallons of NyQuil... but alas I am a mommy... NOT going to happen!

But I can wish and dream right?? The best part you ask?... we were exposed to the swine flu... LOVELY! So if I'm worse tomorrow... thought God knows that I wouldn't do well with that "blessing" I'm heading to the Dr to get checked. Can anyone say "oink"?

Oh.... yes... one more thing! Hubs was "not feeling well" yesterday when he got home. So I made baked potato soup and served him, he layed in bed all evening. MEN?!?!?!?

I must sign off with "de-bde-be-de... that's all folks!" ~ it's just TOO perfect!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. All kinds of sorryness for you. I thought we were all over it, but germs have a way of sticking their noses where they do not belong and aren't wanted.

Get better. Please. I'm actually kind of excited about that semi-black silk skirt!

adventures in mommyland said...

Aparently I'm lying to all my "readers" according to my husband. I don't "know" that I have the flu... it has not been confirmed by a doctor. THERE NEIL!

families are forever said...

I hope you are well soon!!!!! This is defiantly Pureworks season! I pray your little ones don't get it too! loveya

Savannah said...

Poor thing! I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon and that your yucky feelings have nothing to do with pigs! A kid in our ward has the swine flu! Yuck! I hope we can avoid it. Denali has her first little bit of a stuffy nose and I don't like it one bit!

Cynthia said...

Oh dear! Good luck. The Hubs and I had Swine Flu in July. It sucks.

Of course, he says "I think I'm getting your cold" then lays around on the couch. Men!

Oh- and this is for Neil, we didn't know for sure it was H1N1 either but since the neighbors on either side of us had it and really, who gets ill like that in July? Our docs said "Probably" but we didn't do test because our insurance sucks and we were too late for Tamiflu anyway.