Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I HATE "hunting"!

One of the goals I set this year is to help contribute to my family financially from home. I've been looking into different home work options... sales, sewing, baking, etc. I requested information from online universities and found some great programs that I think would be great. My 2 favorites are dressmaking/ fashion design and catering.

But in this search the reality hit me that we need my contribution NOW!! So I hit up craigslist, talked to people I know who are owners or managers of companies, spoke with friends, emailed, mailed and dropped off resumes, made follow up calls and every other aspect that is the joy of job "hunting". I'm happy to report that I was actually offered a job working for a local womens Gym. If would be a set schedule that works with our family dynamics, not alot of money but commission potentials and a free gym membership. BUT I'm just not sure... I won't go into details but there's just something....

Then came TODAY!! I went on the local radio station to talk about Relay For Life and spoke with the station manager.... he told me they were hiring and encouraged me to put in an application and resume. So I did!!! And I now have an interview for the position of... RADIO PERSONALITY!!!! It's pretty much a dream job for me! They are looking for a co-host for the morning show on the oldies station... HOW STINKING KOOL!!! (KOOL is the name of the station.)

So who knows... my next post could be about a new job... or no job... or more job options... or just an update on the hunt... 'til then!!