Thursday, February 19, 2009

2 days and counting down...

This is what I hear every morning upon waking this past week... "mom we leave to go to disneyland in 2 days!!" And promptly remind them that they don't get to go unless they get their little tushies outta bed, dressed and ready for breakfast. ;)

Don't get me wrong... I'm TOTALLY stoked about our grand southern CA adventure! But I've been spending the last week making lists, checking them twice, reminding my kids that only nice ones get to go... the rest get left at the kennel. J/K!

I've already accomplished packing all 3 kids including raincoats, hats and bathing suits. (Even Abby's life jacket) I have all our d-land "uniforms" packed (ie: matching shirts so we can all see each other) I packed myself last night and got all the toiletries set out to put in my bag. I encouraged DH to pack but he just looked at me like I was smoking something and went back to his video game... typical! I printed out all our confirmation stuff and made sure the tickets, confirmation numbers etc are all together. I bought snacks and loaded them into a big rubbermaid bin... yes I know sounds pathetic but snacks for 6 people for 7 days... it's alot!

So am I prepared? Am I missing something? DH thinks I'm nuts with all my preparedness and lists but I'm telling you he's going to thank me when the kids start puking after the mad hatter tea cups and I'm prepared with pepto and dramamine. :p

3 comments:

Savannah said...

I'm SO JEALOUS that you're going! I used to work there, and I went there every few summers growing up and I LOVE IT!! Have a blast for me!

PS. Do you frequent BabyCenter? You referred to your husband as DH and I've only seen that used there! :) Just curious!

Tana said...

Bring wipes just to wipe off carts and stuff. Extra batteries for Walkies and cameras. empty sandwich bags for snacks that aren't finished after you paid $12 for them. And a garbage sack to keep some keepsakes dry and wrinkle free. Even keep receipts.

Unknown said...

Pray for rain.

When we went to Disneyland it rained 2 days...and the park was empty! We put on raincoats (it wasn't cold) and rode the rides faster than you can believe...my son even got to get out and pusht the buttons to make Splash Mountian go, the workers were so bored. It was AWESOME!