Saturday, February 28, 2009

d-land day 3 details

Now that I'm back in the land of the living I can share our final disneyland adventures! We had a GREAT last day! Because we had the goal of staying until the midnight closing (I know we're NUTS!), we decided to head to the park around 11am. We were there for 13 hours of fun filled... well fun! The morning started out at Splash mountain which is now one of Abby's favorites. Then headed to tomorrowland to gather toy story buzz blaster fast passes. We then took a journey on It's a Small World which has been revamped a bit but is still as classic as ever. The next trip was on the train which took us back to tomorrowland and the monorail. Heading to lunch we rode the monorail into downtown disney. Let me tell you... I wish we had used the monorail more on the first day. It was a great way to travel out of the park for less expensive and quieter meals. We ate lunch at the Jazz Kitchen which was DELICIOUS!! They had a great kids menu and Neil and I enjoyed yummy fare as well.
After lunch we headed back to park and used our fast passes... obtained more fast passes and then used those. I don't exactly remember the order in which we went on rides but we hit all the kids favorites which were basically the "mountains". IE: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad Mountain. We had hoped to get on the Matterhorn which opened the first time at about 9pm last night but the line was INSANE!! The highlight of the evening was watching the Fantasmic show!! We got our seats an hour early and are glad we did... it was packed!! The show was WONDERFUL and we all enjoyed it... highly recommend!!

Here is the synopsis of our daily "adventure". We are now proud owners of $50 worth of disneyland kids pants! That's right... Abby decided she had to go pee NOW while we were doing the sleeping beauty castle walk through... 1 set of narrow stairs and a whole lot of people. I grab her and as fast as I can get out of the walk through all the way yelling "toddler needs to pee... excuse us!" She made it to the potty but not before wetting enough that she needed new clothes. We took a trip to the baby care center... my new favorite d-land find! (Jill, we'll chat about this great place before you leave!) Bought a pull-up and some wipes (much cheaper than the $12 panties in the store) got all cleaned up with brand new tinkerbell pants on and we were off to the next adventure. After we saw fantasmic we got on Pirates of the Caribbean. While we're about to get on the boat Mason starts jumping up and down, "mom I got to go NOW!!". So we rush through boat out the exit and run to the nearest bathroom while mom is yelling yet again, "kid who has to pee... excuse us!". He makes it into the mens room (because he won't go into the ladies with me) and I'm thinking great we made it! WRONG!! He comes out 3 minutes later with his pants SOAKED... mom I didn't make it. There was a line for the potty. I later learned that there was no line just someone in the big ie handicapped stall. OI! So we meet the rest of the fam and ride pirates with Mason's soaking pants, and then head back to the baby center with newly purchased pants in hand to clean Mason up.
Joy of Joys! So Abby and Mason got lovely clothing souvenirs and I got a whole lot of laundry! :)
We're sad our Disney adventure is over but we look forward to heading back next year sometime. Signing off from the land of Happily Ever After! :)

4 comments:

Savannah said...

Sounds like you guys had a great trip! I totally miss Disneyland! I love it there! Glad you guys had a good time!

Jacque said...

Glad you guys had a good trip! I have been helping Sunni plan her trip to Walt Disney World in two weeks. I have to wait until June to go to WDW :( Sounds like all went well. Welcome home. Posting pics and blogging will help with the let down...also start writing things down that you want to remember for your next trip...it will also help with the blues.

Jill said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. I am anxious to chat so that we can start planning our power packed d-land trip!

families are forever said...

Thanks for the updates! I am glad you had such a great time. I hope to see the Fantasmic show!

PS I am not planning on going to the baby center, but it is a good thing they have them. Funny story!