Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March week 4

It's here! March week 4! Are you ready? Have you already spent your $5?


Today I was pricing sales ads for my weekly $5 food storage spending. If you remember this week is all about MIXES! That's right... cake, muffin, pancake, bisquick, etc. You can purchase them premade or make your own! I split my money by doing both!


Jiffy mixes are on sale at Albertsons this week 2/$1 I bought 6 mixes and spent $3. I then came home and made "mommy" mixes. Since I can't eat gluten I wouldn't benefit from those that I bought... so I made pancake and cornbread mix with my special "magic flour" and added it to the food storage. We have to remember to accomodate all in our families.


Example: Chloe our oldest is SO PICKY!! So I know that if we had to rely on our food storage I better have items that she'll eat! (She'd eat choc chip cookies all day everyday if I would let her!) They may be different from what other people buy but it's important that everyone has the things they can and will eat.


So go forth and buy! Spend your weekly food storage allowance on MIXES! Make sure to report back and let us know what you bought!
Next week we will begin April shopping! Check back for next week's items! :)
Happy shopping!

No comments: