Monday, March 16, 2009

my big blackberry mess

I wish I was talking about food! My phone... my pretty, red blackberry curve is having tanrums that I cannot calm. You'd think having 3 children I could handle this small piece of machinery that is my sanity most days but no! And here's the best part... I'm one month out of my warrenty. SERIOUSLY!!

I decide that I can fix this problem!! Hello I'm super mom... nothing can defeat me!? I take my sweet berry down to the battery store to check the battery... I'm brilliant right? WRONG! NOTHING wrong with the battery! Even when the phone "caputs" the battery has a full charge... this is not going to be easy is it?

So my sweet loving computer geek husband (he actually gave me permission to refer to him as that... love him!) said he would try to "swipe" it for me to re-set it and hopefully get it back on track. Well that would involve erasing all my contacts, messages, emails, calendar, etc. to get it working again... ummm... YIKES! I'm scared to china that I'll lose everything on my phone! It would be like killing my second brain!! NOT SO MUCH! So I try to back-up all the phone goodies onto my computer so as not to lose them in the "Swipe". BRILLIANT! I upload the software onto my computer, get it all set up to go, grab the USB cord... oh wait! There is NO usb cord for the phone!! Now we're on day 9 of barely any phone existance and I have to find this cable so I can save my second brain and it can be swiped and be good as new!

HOPEFULLY!! This swipe may or may not detox whatever crack my phone has been smoking.
oi!! I love modern technology but some days I wish I was churning butter with a wooden crock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will never see anything more than a cell phone in my purse for this very reason! Some days i HATE modern technology!