Thursday, April 9, 2009

April week 1

SO sorry this post is SO late!


I've been so wrapped up in the thought of being a home owner that I forgot to share this weeks food storage items with my blog people... please except my deepest apologies!!

April week 1 is all about GARDEN SEEDS!!




Yes you read it right... seeds! Having a ready supply of garden seeds is a great asset to your food storage. They are cheap to buy and keep and will provide you with the opportunity for fresh produce! (Now if N.Korea get's all hyped up on this nuclear missile thing then the ground may have too much radiation for vegetation... but just in case that doesn't happen!)




Tip of the week: Radishes are great in an emergency!! They grow super fast and are full of vitamins, minerals and WATER. So make sure to grab at least one package of these!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was thinking about getting a planter box this year so I could finally grow something. It has never happened yet!

PS- my word verification is 'seemin' and your post is about seeds. Is that freaky?

Kami said...

I just read your article on Mormon mommy blogs and I think your ideas are awesome! I never even thought to put seeds into storage. Such a great tip. I'll have to try and budget in some items every week too. (I hope!)