Thursday, April 9, 2009

OFFICIAL GOAL SETTING HERE!!!!!!

This weekend is our local Pear Blossom festival. Every town has something.... where I grew up in CA it was the Prune festival... go figure! But here in the sunny Rogue Valley it's pears!

They hold great events including a scholarship pageant, parade, street fair, spagetti feed, BBQ, and of course the dreaded RUNNING... 5k and 10k races along with the little 1 and 2 milers for the "kiddies"

Now last year I did the 1 miler with my kids then 5 and 6 and enjoyed our little trek... super cute and fun! This year we are doing the 2 miler as a family and as of about 30 seconds ago I've decided that next year... Pear Blossom 2010 I will be doing the 5K!! Holy crap... it's out in cyber space and I'm committed.... OI!!

So... you medfordites... who's with me?! Anyone want to committ to WALKING the 5k with me next year? Just to say that we actually finished a 5k race? I need someone to stand beside me that isn't "THE MAN" (no offense computer geek of mine!)

3 comments:

Tana said...

I always do the 5k. Count me in.

Jeri Hazelton said...

I'm with you!

Tia Hopper said...

Wow!! You go girl! I am so NOT in! I hate running and it hates me! :) Someday... :)