Monday, April 20, 2009

April week 3!

Are you feeling accomplished? Are you spending your designated amount weekly on the specified items to slowly build your storage?
I'm proud of myself for actually sticking to all this! I spend my $5 and have to hold myself back from pulling out my little "guide book" and buying the next weeks stuff. But the budget, timeline and everything else have proven to work really well for our family!

So here's the challenge for week 3:

Build up your medicine chest
Ideas:
sunblock
peroxide
rubbing alcohol
thermometer
Asprin
Tylenol
Ibuprofen
Pepto Bismol
Ipecac
cough drop
antihistamine
laxative
gas relief
These things can be spendy so I checked out our local dollar store and stocked up! They had chewable pepto, ibuprofen, aspirin, ipecac, peroxide, alcohol and many more items!
I personally added items that were not pain relievers. I bought pepto, ipecac, antihistamine and laxatives. I also took a couple days worth of prescription medications and added those in well marked bags.
So go forth and stock! Get ready for those moments in an emergency when you know you'll need a little something for your tummy, head or whatever else ails you. (Don't forget about the kids!!)

1 comment:

* said...

You are so organized! I keep meaning to re-do our 72 hr kits. Other than that, our food storage is all over our house, in closets, under beds, and being eaten and rotated on a regular basis. Gotta love being prepared!
PS: found you on Mormon mommy blogs
;)