Friday, January 1, 2010

A new year and a New me!!

I am very pleased to say it's 2010!!!

I could go on about the past year and boast of vacations and celebrations or whine about health issues, societal woes, or whatever... but I am not! That is what a NEW YEAR is all about! Started anew... going forward and creating more memories for a lifetime of fabulousness!!

I have been thinking ALOT about new years resolutions. I have never really "believed" in them... but this year is different. I've had a profound thought process with wanting to realize who I am and what I accomplish on this earth. In that process I turned to the scriptures and was reminded over and over again that I am gift from God. My life is in his hands. As I trust in him trials will be sure but blessings will abound. I NEED THAT!!

So I am not making resolutions this year. Well... I am but they are more like affirmations. I want 2010 to be about positives!!

So here are my 2009 affirmations:

~I will have a healthy year! I will do all in my power to facilitate a healthy body, mind and soul.
~I will celebrate life's blessings by living in the now. Not wondering what could be or could've been.
~I will love and honor my husband and our marriage.
~I will love and honor my children as they have been entrusted to me by God... and they are a gift! (even when I COMPLETELY disagree with that statement!)
~ I will take time for me... to appreciate myself as a women, wife, mother, and all around bad@$$! :)
And last but not least...
~ I WILL DANCE!! Til my body can't take anymore!! :)

I think that adding those affirmations to my life will help me be happy, healthy and have a better outlook on all aspects of my life. I'm ready to start the new me and be the best person I can be!!
Even if I jiggle a little bit... :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2 comments:

families are forever said...

happy New year! Great Affirmations! I need to read mine more!!! I hope to see more in 2010.

Tia Hopper said...

My favorite is that you'll dance. LOVE it!! Good luck and happy 2010!