Thursday, August 28, 2008

Details...

OK sorry to leave you hanging!! I've been SO overwhelmed about this moving thing that I needed to get a grip on my own emotions before I have to read others. :(

So here's the deal... Neil's has been looking and applying for a new job. There are many factors that have spurred this search and we didn't take looking outside of the valley lightly. But the reality is that there is nothing for him here. Trust me... we've tried and no one in Medford is requesting interviews.

The reality is not whether we are moving or not... it's when and where. It could be as soon as 2 weeks and as long as 8 weeks. Right now Neil is on his final interviews with 2 companies: 1 in Redding, CA and 1 in Seattle, WA. The Redding job looks the best to me as it's closer to family and friends, similar enonomy and cost of living, and better financially for us. BUT... we have to consider Seattle if they make an offer because it's a company that Neil would really enjoy working for and he would be doing what he aspires to do.

So there are the details... Bring on the questions! I'll keep you posted as I learn more. Neil's driving to Redding tomorrow and going to Seattle next week.

AND... I posted all of that without crying!! YAY ME!! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wHOA.

Where in Seattle, exactly? Washington is a beautiful place to live, even with lots and lots of rain. We lived there for two years, and Roy grew up there, so we're biased. Redding is just hot. But there's water slides, right? And you can still come up for visits, right?

Best of Luck to Neil. We'll keep you in our prayers!

Stacey F. said...

Wow, Redding or Seattle!!! Both would be a big change for you. The one thing that makes moving easir to accept is that you can always visit. And the best part about visiting is that you will get the royal treatment. :) You know I love you and will support you wherever you move.

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

wow I think that it is crazy that you guys just so happen to talk about moving. We have been here in utah for a week and it is hard to find anything to rent. There is plenty if you want to buy. I would go where the opportunity is greater for you. Either or. That is sad that you won't be in medford anymore. But I hope that somehow we can work something out to get together some time. hat is really sad. I bet bean is sad too. but I know what it is like. You got to do what is best for your family and slowly I felt like I was loosing aaron to the dark side of something that we just wouldn't be able to pull out of and that is when he decided to make a change. Change is good. Scarey but good. Please keep in touch girl. I love ya!

Mrs. B said...

Wow Jen! Best of luck to you! Both places sound great.

Jeri Hazelton said...

Jenn-let us know what happens! I remember years you talked about how some day you would have to move out of the valley for Neil's work but I always hoped it would never happen! I will miss running into you everywhere, amy's, emilie's, kathleen's, where ever I go you turn up and I will miss that.