Friday, January 2, 2009

The AMAZING sewing Susie Q!

I know that I've mentioned my dear friend Sue before on my blog. She is first and foremost a dear friend but she is also an AMAZING seamstress! With Chloe's 8th birthday on Monday we decided we wanted to get her a baptism dress... well nothing fits the incredible tall and skinny one so who better to ask to make her one? Sue Quackenbuch seamstress extroidinaire!
So Chloe and I headed over to her shop and gave a VERY brief description and Sue took measurements and off she went. Today we went in for her fitting and both Chloe and I were flabbergasted at the beautiful creation Sue made! There are still a few minor adjustments to be made but holy heck.... I was almost in tears! And cute Chloe didn't want to take it off. I just can't believe the talent of this woman!

So thank you Sue! You are not only a wonderful friend but you have talents I only dream of posessing!!

Here are a couple pics from the fitting today:

She's just walking out of the changing room


the biggest smile! She's so excited!


The AMAZING Susie Q making some adjustments


Chloe's first look in the mirror... her jaw dropped it was SO CUTE!

5 comments:

families are forever said...

A beautiful dress on a beautiful girl. I am so excited for Choe's special day!

Tana said...

She looks like an angel!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so flattered! But I couldn't help chuckling at the look on Chloe's face in the mirror -- I can't tell if she really likes it, or if I poked her with a pin!

Unknown said...

She looks gorgeous- what a beautiful dress.

Jill said...

Love the dress!