Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My new Pirate boot!

Arggg Matey's! According to Mason I am now officially a pirate. That is due to the fact that my fractured ankle requires me to wear a fracture boot.

Yes folks... she's done it again! I've added yet another bone to the broken bones list. I turned my ankle on Monday and it was sore but I thought nothing of it. Yesterday is was still sore so I took motrin and soldiered on. I woke up this morning with it throbbing and hurting even more. By this afternoon it was swollen and I could barely walk... so off to urgent care I went. $150.00 and a few x-rays later the dr says you've fractured your "whatever it's called" and we need to cast it and you'll be on crutches for a few weeks... ummm... NO!

So I ask if there are other options and he mentions the walking boot... after I say, "well Dr I have 3 small children so crutches would not be the supreme choice for me." Oh is his response. SERIOUSLY!!

So I'll be Pirate Jenn for the next 3 weeks until they can x-ray it again. If there is still significant pain and swelling then, they will send me to an orthopedist to make sure there is no tendon or ligament damage.

At least with this boot my husband can watch me shake it a little more. ;)

Another day in the life of Gimp!

4 comments:

families are forever said...

OUCH! You are amazing. hope it heals fast!

Anonymous said...

Good grief, woman!!

Okay, so the next time someone (me) calls you and asks, how are you doing, Jenn, your correct answer is, I hurt my foot and I need help!

Okay? Okay! Get better and don't hurt it any worse!

Tana said...

I think you have a crush on the murse in the ER.

Unknown said...

You waited so long to go in! YOu are tough! I swear I always think I need to go to the Dr. if something hurts. Good luck, I hope it heals quick!