Thursday, November 6, 2008

THE AUDITION>>> DUN DUN DAHHHH!!

OK OK OK!!! I'm sorry that you've been agonizing over my audition experience! I hope that you've been able to step away from my blog and are giving your refresh button a rest. TEE-HEE!

I think it went really well. I arrived what I thought was 10 minutes early to warm up, fill out papers, etc and the guy at the desk says, "you're next go on in"... ummm ok!?! So I walk into the room that has the pianist, the head of the Opera, the artistic director and the head of the university music department. I'm not intimidated at all.... NOT!

They ask me what I'm singing, I tell them, they ask me to sing the more emotional piece for times sake instead of both pieces that I've been slaving over. No biggie right? So I sing my song... in italian... I'm so proud of that... and they smile and nod and write notes on their papers, and them I'm done.

"Thank you for coming in!" Are the few parting words I get and I'm left to percilate and stew over my pending addition to the Rogue Valley Opera.

Heaven only knows if I'm in or not... well actually Willene Gunn is who knows so I guess my possible future in the opera in dependant on this really sweet talented lady.

OI!! I'll keep you posted! :)

6 comments:

Mandie said...

It does'nt matter if you're in or not. You tried and that's all that matters!! =D Keep me posted though-just in case.

Tana said...

Congratulations on doing it. You Rock!

Jen Hunt said...

I am so proud of you....Keep me posted!

families are forever said...

I'll be watching for more news. Trying out in and of it self is awesome. Go Girl! smiles Danette

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! See what I miss when I drop off the radar??!!! I can't believe it!! I'm so glad you wore your lucky skirt, and you know I was right there in the front row cheering you on, and I want to award you anyway, since you were #18 on my last post!!! You won, you won, you won!!!

Shauna said...

I ♥ your blog! I just signed up to follow it! Thanks for sharing :)