Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving cooking!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
I have so much to be thankful for and could go on and on and on about everything that has blessed my life this year. So to sum it all up here is my generic thanks:
I'm thankful for all who have crossed my path, I'm thankful for our country and the men and women who serve to protect and defend it, I'm thankful for my husband and best friend who is there with me through good and bad, I'm thankful for my beautiful children and the blessing they are in our lives, and lastly I'm thankful for family, fun and FOOD!!

I LOVE thanksgiving! The eating all day, the parade, the football... it's my favorite! And I LOVE to cook thanksgiving dinner. We stick to a pretty traditional dinner of turkey and the fixin's. But the pre-cooking fun is the best part!

Here are a few pics of the "prep". Last night Chloe, Abby and I trimmed the beans to get ready to make the bean dish today (fresh beans are the ONLY way!). So Neil picked up the camera and caught the moment. As you can tell... I got a little sick of the camera. :)







And then of course the TURKEY!! This year I'm baking a 20lb turkey... I had to take a rack out of my oven for it to fit! So too bad you're not eating at our house! If you were your turkey would have herb butter spread under the skin and a blanket of bacon to keep it warm and moist... YUMMO!! Eat your heart out Rachel Ray! :)

THE TURKEY:



2 comments:

Shauna said...

YUM!!! Hope you have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving :) ♥ Hugs!!

families are forever said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! It all looks great, but I think all pass on the green beans1 Ha, Smiles Danette