Sunday, November 9, 2008

Table Rock

Today we hiked up the Upper Table Rock as a family. Neil wanted to go and was planning to take the kids knowing that I wouldn't want to go... but I went anyway! (See YONF moment post below)
Anyhoo... it was family fun with a few moments of fear and panic on my part but overall an excellent family outing. I think we conquered an interesting life moment when both little girls had to pee in the woods.... needless to say I now have 2 expert "squatters" on my hands! :)
Here are the pictures from the day... read the quotes they are all pretty fun shots.

Oh! and for the "kids say the darndest things" segment of this post here is Mason's quote of the day:
Chloe: "Dad why do they call it Table Rock?"
Mason: "Chloe! Because Jesus eats there!"
Out of the mouths of babes!! :)

Getting started up the path... Abby is cold and wants her jacket she refused to wear on now.


The big kids on huge rock next to the path.


Me and the kiddos taking a breather


These beautiful red barked trees were everywhere up there! The kids loved pointing them out as we went up the path.


The kids IN the beautiful red barked trees.


Daddy and the kiddos heading up the hill... big climb!


Me and my man.... taking a "cute" shot


Neil showing Mason how he could perish falling over the edge of the rock... notice that me yelling and screaming in the background that it's too far is not pictured!


Again... another child being educated to LOVE the edge and not be afraid of heights... GEESH!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

How fun! I ♥ the pictures :) Hope you are having a great weekend!

Unknown said...

It is so gorgeous there! That is such beautifultrail= looks like a great hike.

Tana said...

Nice shots. What nothing coming down? Are you still up there? It's a fun hike. I like it.

families are forever said...

Jenn, the red bark trees look like Pacific Madrone, they shed their bark and have smooth surface. When we would hike with our children when they were younger they always called them the "Naked "trees. Smiles Danette

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

oh wow. IT looks like you guys had a great time. I miss ya girl. Time fly's. Crazy huh. I can't believe it is almost thanksgiving. I miss Oregon. IT is so pretty there. What a great hike to go on. Your got some great picks. I love the red bark trees. Awesome. Miss ya girl! Wish you were here or I was there so we could hang out maybe go to twilight together. Awe the movie days. Take care. I hope all is well with your family!

Unknown said...

Wow, these pictures are way cool. Very nice blog.

Tricia