Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!!!

YAY!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas!! Last night we went and got our Christmas tree. I love the fresh ones! (Even though they are all dry and crusty by Christmas morning they are still so nice to smell and touch all month long!)

Our tradition is to get our tree the day after Thanksgiving and then decorate it together as a family that night. Well since Neil had to work this year we had to get the tree at night and then we waiting until tonight to decorate it. It's my favorite time of year when all the lights and decorations go up. I even did a little display outside in our front yard... don't come see it, it's REALLY pathetic!!

I was up until 2am last night putting up the decorations and finished them all today. I hung the stockings, laid out the garlands, set up the nativity, put the all the red, green and white I could find! It's taking everything I have to wait until I stuff the advent calendar for the kids. (I know they'll break into it early if I tempt them.)

I also have to share my CRAZINESS by letting you know that yes... I was up at 4am yesterday and on the road at 4:15 to get the good deals. My sweet friend Jenn F let me drag her out and we had SO MUCH FUN!! We avoided the crazy places like the plague! (ie: target, walmart, the mall!) We started at Old Navy and were 2 of the last 3 tickets given out in line for free MP3 players which was cool! (Chloe will get it for Christmas... gotta love a free Christmas gift right?!) Then after our 1/2 hour shopping there we headed over to Fred Meyer. The main thing I wanted they were out of. So they called the Freddy's on my side of town and low and behold... they had one left and they were willing to hold it for me!! So we emptied our partially stuffed cart and headed across town for the beloved item. We got there and it was SO MUCH less crazy!! The people were so helpful and sure enough the toy dept guy had stashed my item under the paint counter with name on it. (Gotta love it!!)

After 3.5 hours of our shopping madness and feeling pretty good about the items we bought we headed over to Rooster's for breakfast so I could introduce Jenn to the amazing cinnamon rolls the size of your face!

Happy shopping to everyone! Enjoy the blessings and meaning of this wonderful season!!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Awww... How sweet! Thank you! I l♥ve this time of year also :) ♥ Hugs!

Tana said...

I should have given you my list. I never brave the crowds. I hate bumping in to rude people!

Unknown said...

Okay, I am geting so sad about missing the Black Friday fun. Can I come with you next time???? I love cinnamon rolls!

Anonymous said...

Roosters' ROCKS!! I love their peach pie and strawberry lemonade...

And I've always known that you are psychotic, but it's nice to know you can channel that energy into something successful like braving the crowds on Black Friday. Congratulations!