Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Opera Adventures...

So to expand on previous posts and explain to those that have asked. I've been invited to audition for the Rogue Valley Opera "Voices in the Valley" workshop and concert series. I'm very excited and VERY nervous about it all! I talked myself into it and out of it NUMEROUS times but landed on going for it. I need to do something for me that will lift me and help me use my talents.

I haven't auditioned or performed in a venue like this in about 10 years. I'm hoping to be one of the 16 chosen but who knows! I guess there are 30 people auditioning with skill ranges from new student to professional paid opera singers. I hope to be somewhere in the middle! I've been told that they choose a range of abilities and voices. The BEST part about this whole thing is if I make it, I'll be participating in a 12 week workshop with some the most talented people in the Rogue Valley and West Coast. I'd be working with Laurie Hunt and Willene Gunn... both amazing women! Then 2 performaces in March. One in Medford and one in Ashland.

So wish me luck! I'll be singing two arias, both in Italian with hopes that I'm good enough to hone my skills with these great women!

3 comments:

families are forever said...

I am excited for you, even being asked to tryout is a honor. Go Girl!!! Smiles Danette

Tana said...

That's awesome. I went to see the Opera last year. They did The Merry Wives of Windsor. I'm sure it was good if I could have understood a think they said. My tickets were free though.

adventures in mommyland said...

Hey at least Merry Wives of Windsor was in english! Try watching La Traviata in Italian?!